Google Chrome is one of the famous browsers available on Windows 10. Everyone should know how to use this software reporter tool and what processes are related to this web-browser client. It is also very important to know how these features are affecting your Windows 10 system.
In this article, we are going to see how this software_reporter_tool.exe program works and how to remove/disable it:
What is Google Chrome Software reporter tool used for?
The Software reporter tool is a Google Chrome program that is used to scan your device. It is done once a week and takes approximately 20 minutes. This chrome software reporter tool program detects the presence of harmful content and malware in your device. It scans your chrome folders. This whole scanning will not affect the data in your device. It will help you find the programs that are not working accurately with chrome. After this process, the app will give a report of these scans to chrome. According to the reports, the chrome cleanup tool will remove these annoying apps.
But everything comes with a disadvantage. When you use this software, your device will experience a CPU high usage situation. Your browser speed will slow down. If it is running for 20 minutes, the whole time your system will be very slow and unresponsive. So if you want to disable or remove this software then follow these steps:
How to disable Google Software Reporter tool? [Step-By-Step Guide]
If you just want to disable the tool, navigate to where the software is located i.e. the AppData folder. Here are the steps:
- Follow the above path:
- Then right-click on the tool and go to Properties.
- In the pop-up, choose Security and go to Advanced.
- Tap on the ‘Disable inheritance’ option.
- Then remove all innate permissions from this object.
How to remove software_reporter_tool.exe permanently?
- In Windows 10, this software_reporter_tool.exe program is located inside the Chrome directory.
- Generally, you can get access to this program by following this path C:Users[yourusername]AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/SwReporter/22.123.0.
- Then get rid of this Google chrome software reporter tool permanently by removing everything that you find there. But in future when Google is updated, maybe this file automatically is downloaded by Google Chrome again.
- The thing you must do is clear the content of this executable file. Navigate to software_reporter_tool.exe via text editor: open NotePad, and select software_reporter_tool.exe.
- Delete everything showed on Notepad and permanently save the changes you made.
- This whole process will disable the function of software_reporter_tool.exe. You will never see it again on the process list. This is removed for good.
It is best to use this second method and remove the chrome software permanently if it is causing many problems in your device. But if you ever change your decision then run chrome software update again, you will be able to re-download it again and then install it.