Due to an increased usage of mobile phones messaging apps such as Twitter and Whatsapp have become more popular among the people. iMessage is not actually available on non-Apple systems and it makes it difficult to communicate iMessage on PC with oters if you are using iMessage for communication and messaging.
Also Read: How to Upload HD Videos to Facebook
This article will help you to use iMessage on multiple OS by explaining different methods.
How to Use iMessage For Windows (Complete Guide)
One of the easiest way to use iMessage on Windows is to use one of the extensions of Google Chrome known as Chrome Remote Desktop. This extension allows a person to access iMessage installed on a Mac computer through another computer with a different OS.
To install and set up Chrome Remote Desktop follow the given steps:
- Install the Google Chrome browser and the Chrome Remote Desktop extension on both Mac and Windows computers. (This method requires that you own both Mac and Windows computers)
- For the next step, start the app by clicking on Get Started after you right clicking on My Computer.
- From your Mac click on Enable Remote Connection. This will now allow you to connect other computers to your Mac.
- Now download and install Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on Mac and go to the next step.
- Start the installer on the Mac and then follow the instructions which the installer provides to finish your installation.
- You can now remotely connect to your Mac through a Windows computer and access iMessage without any problems.
Note: Remote Extension only works if your Mac computer is working. It means that you can only access iMessage on Windows computer if you have your Mac computer running.
Also Read: How to Host on Twitch
How to Use iMessage on PC Using Emulator
Another method to use iMessage on PC is to use a Mac emulator on your Windows computer to access Mac supported apps.
These emulators simulate a Mac system on a Windows computer which allows you to then use apps which are supported by the simulated system without having to have one.
Some of the names of emulators are given below, which you can use on your own risk.
- Smart Face
- Mobione Studio
Method to Use iMessage on Mac OS:
You can easily use iMessage on Mac by following the given steps:
- Using the search bar option search for iMessage on your Mac computer. (Mac computers with OS version above 10.8 come with already installed iMessage app)
- In case iMessage is not found you will need to check your OS version and see if it is not lower than 10.8.
- If so, you will need to update your system to actually use iMessage.
- Once you install your updates, go to the app store and install iMessage on the computer.
- Once installed, open the app and fill in your Apple ID being used by your iPhone.
- Your computer will now sync all your iMessage data from your iPhone onto your computer.
You can now easily access all the messages on iMessage on both your iPhone and Mac computer without any problems.