Tinder is a dating site that allows users to like (by swiping right) and dislike (by swiping left) other users. It also allows both parties to chat or meet if they like each other. It allows the premium members to see those who have already liked them before swiping. It was launched in 2012 and by 2014 it had over fifty million users and about one billion swipes per day. Now, the app is used in about 196 countries and it is planning for a lighter version that is aimed at growing markets where storage, bandwidth and data usage is a concern. It is the most popular dating site and has made 30 billion matches to date. It’s no secret that Tinder has single-handedly transformed modern dating. It makes more than 26 million matches per day.
If you have met your perfect match or are just sick of all the swiping and chatting and want to kiss your account goodbye, then you have come to the right place. First, you need to make sure whether you want to delete your account or temporarily remove it. If you are not sure, then it would be better if you hide your profile instead so that you can come back to it when you want.
The main purpose of this article to tell you about how to delete Tinder account in multiple ways.
How to Delete Tinder Account From Within The App [With Images]
- Open the Tinder app
- Log in to the Tinder account you would like to delete permanently
- Tap the Profile icon on the top left of your screen
- Select the ‘Settings’ option by clicking on the wheel icon in the middle of the screen
- Click on the ‘Delete Account’ option at the bottom of the Settings menu
- Confirm your action by pressing on the ‘Delete’ option when asked if you are sure
- Fill in your reason for leaving such as I need a break from Tinder or I don’t like Tinder. You may even be asked for additional information based on your reason
- Now, you will be provided with two options: to either ‘Pause your account’ or ‘Delete your account’
- If you choose to delete your account, then this will be the last you see of it
Deleting Tinder Account From Your Browser
- Navigate to tinder.com using the browser of your liking.
- Log in to the Tinder account you would like to delete
- Scroll down to the bottom of the menu on the left
- Click the ‘Delete Account’ button at the bottom of the menu
- Tinder will ask you to confirm your choice and after confirming, you’ll be redirected to the homepage.
Note: If you delete your Tinder app; it does not delete your Tinder account. If you are already subscribed to Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold through your Google Play Store or Apple ID, your subscription will not be cancelled along with the cancellation of your account. You have got to cancel tinder gold through email. Your subscription will be cancelled in case it is done through Android or Tinder.
Hide Your Tinder Account [Method]
- Open the Tinder app
- Log in to the account you want to hide temporarily
- Select the profile icon on the top left corner of the screen
- Choose the ‘Settings’ option by clicking on the wheel icon
- Tap ‘Discovery’ and switch it off.