Plenty of Fish or POF is an online dating service and has over 100 million users registered worldwide. It was established in 2003, when the founder Markus Frind used to manage the site from his bedroom with ten million people already registered. It is free to use service but offers special services to those who upgrade their memberships. It serves in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, United Kingdom and the United States is also available in nine languages. The site claims that 70, 000 new singles sign-up every day and four million users are active each day.
Related Article: How to Delete Tinder Account
When someone signs up to the site, the site asks them for their picture and basic information. Then they are asked to take a chemistry test which establishes their personality. This data is used to match users with their compatible others. Once the users are matched, it is up to the users how far they want this relationship to go. They can chat or even meet in person.
Plenty of Fish claims that you know at least one person who has found someone through POF. If you have met your match or want a break from online dating, and you want to delete POF account then you have come to the right place.
First, you need to consider whether you would like to delete or hide your profile. If you are in two minds about it, you should probably go with hiding because then you can still access it if you decide to come back. Now, let us draw the step by step guide on how to delete POF account permanently.
Deleting POF Account
- Navigate to pof.com on the browser of your choice
- Log in to the Plenty of Fish profile you would like to delete.
- Open the ‘Help’ tab on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Delete account’, under ‘How do I delete my account’
- Fill in your username, password, your reason for leaving, your number of dates and whether or not you will recommend Plenty of Fishes to others or not.
- Click on the ‘Quit / Give Up / Delete Account’ button
How to Hide POF Profile From Other Friends
- Navigate to pof.com in any browser you want
- Log in to your POF profile that you want to hide
- Select ‘Edit Profile’ at the top right corner
- Select the link with ‘To hide your profile from others, click here’.