One major problem with the iPhone is the fact that by using it over time it stores a lot of unwanted data in its memory which causes it to lose space at a faster rate. Due to this, you are unable to download a new app as your iPhone memory is already filled. iPhone keeps all this data in the data & documents of its memory storage. The data & documents is basically the place where your mobile stores all the cache, memory logs and app-generated data. This data can be the videos, pictures, and messages stored from one of your messaging apps or the cache of internet sites you have visited.
While stored in a specific part many people have a problem in deleting data from data & documents and are unable to clear the cache on their iPhone to download new apps. Unlike Android, the iPhone does not have a dedicated cleaning app to clear its memory.
This article will help you by providing different methods in which you can delete documents and data on iPhone to clean mobile memory.
Delete Documents and Data on iPhone in Simple Way
One of the most simple methods to clear data is to simply re-install the app which is taking a lot of space. While this method may seem strange by reinstalling an app you are easily able to delete all the cache data created by the app.
Following the given steps to easily reinstall an app:
- Open Settings in your iPhone.
- Tap on General
- Then select Storage & iCloud Usage from the options.
- After this, tap on Manage Storage which located under the Storage section.
- From there on check for the applications which have occupied the greatest storage in Data & Documents. It should be noted that many apps such as Facebook and other messaging apps may seem small in size but are known to take huge amounts of storage through their built up cache.
- Select the app you want to delete and tap Delete App
- The app will now be uninstalled from your mobile and can easily be reinstalled from the App Store with memory cleared from Data & Documents.
Note: Re-installing an app causes the mobile to lose all data related to the app which includes account settings and user preferences. Be sure to backup important data before proceeding.
Method To Clear Documents and Data on iCloud
Another problem in storage comes in iCloud. Each iPhone has a limited memory allowed to be stored on Cloud which is also filled up in the same way the internal memory of the mobile fills up due to data & documents. To clear space on iCloud:
- Go to Settings
- Select General and tap on Storage & iCloud Usage
- Check under the iCloud section and select Manage Storage to go to the next step.
- A screen will open. Go to the Documents & Data section to search for the app taking most storage on iCloud.
- Select Edit and then Delete or you can also swipe left and select Delete to remove the app from the Data & Documents.
With this, you have now cleared some memory on your iCloud.