Want to setup content://com.android.browser.home/ as a homepage on Android?. Yes, you can change the homepage on your Android device’s web browser. According to the app you are using, you will get different options. You can change and set different traditional pages on Android but it is not allowed on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. But, you can still get some of the same functionality out of these apps, and in some cases even more.
Setup Default Homepage on Google Chrome content://com.android.browser.home/
- Open your browser. Click on the browser icon on your home screen or app drawer. It looks like a globe icon and named as “Internet” or “Browser”.
If Chrome is already installed on your phone, (Step-By-Step Guide)
- Now, open your Menu of the browser which will be present in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Settings option. A new screen will appear that will enable you to change different features of your browser app.
- Now click on General. Not all but some of the Android browser versions have this option. Tap on this, you will get access to homepage settings. If it’s not available in your device then skip it and go to the next step.
- Click on “Set homepage“. Now it will allow you to enter the name or type of the page you want to see when your browser starts for the first time. Tap on ‘’Use Current Page’’. The site will not appear or load up if the address or link you entered was not written correctly.
- Now, tap on OK to save. Next time when you will open your browser, this homepage will show up. Since Android enables multitasking, the page you are currently viewing may still appear when you open the browser up next time.
How to Setup Default Homepage on Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox.
- Go to the Option which will be located at the top right corner of the page.
- Now click on Settings
- Click on the search bar and select one of them from various options like Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Bing, Wikipedia, etc.